Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Proposal

 
February 19th Jace proposed to me.  I had no idea that he was going to do it then, I knew he had talked to my dad, but had no clue when he was going to actually pop the question.  So, the weekend of the 19th I headed down to gunnison just to hang out and goof around since I had a couple of days off.  Jace had said he wanted to go out to the lake to try and catch these huge fish with his hands but we had to go at night co we didnt get caught.  HAHAHA!  I met him at the house and he was being kind of weird, when we got in the truck he said we werent going to go catch fish because he was worried about the roads since it had been snowing so instead he kind of reinacted our first date.  We drove out to the palisades, but it was shut down so we decided to just go to dinner on the way back down to the road we saw tons of deer so he stopped the truck and said he wanted to get his glasses out incase we saw some elk.  He jumped out and started digging around in the bed of the truck which i couldnt figure out why cause his glasses were inside the truck ... why would his 1500 dollar glasses be in the bed of the truck!  So he came over to my side of the truck and knocked on my window and told me to roll it down as I did he brought out a huge bouquet of roses
and these really cute bears hugging each other and an "Always kiss me good night" sign.

 
I asked him what these were for and he just said he felt like spoiling me.  He is so sweet!  I can't even stand it.  He hopped back in the truck and we decided that instead of going into Ephrum to get dinner we were going to go back into Manti.  By the time we got there the sun had gone down and the Temple was all lite up, it looked so pretty.  Jace pulled over so we could go up the hill so we could take some pictures.  As we were taking pictures it felt like he was doing bunny ears on me, I kept telling him to quit it and just take a normal picture with the temple in the back ground he said he got one and this was the first picture...
 
I looked at the picture and said you can't even see the temple!  He looked at me like I was crazy and started laughing!  I couldn't figure out what was so funny.  I told him to take another one he said fine but you have to kiss me this time.
This time I noticed why he kept doing "bunny ears"  hahaha sometimes I am kind of oblivious :)  So he got down and asked me to marry him there on the lawn of the manti temple.  We went around the other side and took a bunch of pictures.  After about an hour of taking pictures we went and got something to eat at this little steak place across from the temple.  I sent my parents a picture of me infront of the temple and I think within about 5 min of sending the text I got a call from my mom.  Here are some more pictures from that night.
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment