Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Years eve and Day


We spent New Years Eve and Day with Jace's  family.  We had a ton of fun. We hung out, played with the kids, made some pretty dang good food, played all kinds of games, and rang in the new year!
I dont know if everyone was able to check it out, but new year's eve there was an awesome moon.  It is called the first moon or a blue moon it was really cool looking ..
 
We played this game called quelf that night ...  if you have never played it or even heard of it let me tell you it is pretty dang fun and funny but you have to be willing to make a total idiot out of yourself.  Anyway I got this rule card that said I had to put the quelf box under my shirt and keep it there the entire game, that was just one of the many wonderful things you get to do so you should all go out and buy it right now, play it, feel it, love it!   
 
I think we were all up till about 3 in the morning just messing around and having a good time.  We woke up at about 630 am new years day so we could go ice fishing.  That was a first for me and let me tell you I was very nervous about it.  Just as I would start to get somewhat comfortable being on the ice like that I would hear the ice crack or the snow would melt off the top of the ice and you could see all the cracks through the ice.  Other than being a little scared at first it was pretty fun. Kamie and I started out in the ice tent, it was so dang cold out there.  I am a total wuss when it comes to the cold but still!
 
I had a few bites out there and actually caught one.  The dang thing pretty much jumped out of the hole and just about slapped in the face. I screamed ... it was pretty funny.  I think everyone that went caught at least one fish.  Some of the fishies werent the biggest but like mine but it was still fun to catch them and throw them back. 

 
So new year's day was spent in the middle of a frozen lake, and yes that is right I am wearing a camo snow suit!  Who would have thought that that would ever happen. Ha Ha Ha.  Oh yeah and if any one is wondering about Gabby the Cabage Patch doll well I can't tell you about her right now, but I will in a year or so ha ha.  Just know that she will be making appearances ever so often.


1 comment:

  1. love your blog updates :)

    cute pics!

    (p.s. that fishing trip Brandon and I didn't even get a bite! ya it sucked..but the next day was a blast..should have been there we were on a roll! )

    ReplyDelete